Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Eat Anything Diet

I didn't make that up. I saw it on tv so of course it's true. Well, we'll see. But I haven't stuck with anything else so it's worth a try. This is how it works. You can eat anything as long as it's no more than a half cup serving. You can eat every two hours but every other "meal" has to be either a non-sugar fruit or vegetable serving. And between each "meal" you have to drink a cup of water.

For example, if you want pancakes for breakfast, with syrup on them, you can, but only a half cup. Then, two hours later, if you are still hungry (and who wouldn't be?), you can eat something like a half cup of carrot sticks or a half cup of V-8 juice. And between these two servings you drink a cup of water. Doesn't sound too hard, and hopefully will keep me from quitting or putting it off because I fell off the diet wagon.

I still have to quit drinking caffeine and all carbonated drinks and a few other things the doctor has recommended, but if I am craving cookies, I can eventually have one or two. I just can't sit there eating one right after not paying attention to how many I've eaten. One problem I see is how do you measure out a half cup of a sandwich? Another problem, and I am probably just making this a problem, is that I eat oatmeal for breakfast, with no sugar. Would a grain count as a vegetable serving? I think so.

I covet your prayers in helping me stick with this diet and that it is the one that will finally work for me.

Until next time, may you have blessings and will-power,
Marti

2 comments:

sneezymom said...

I know way too well how hard diets are. I hope this is one that makes it easier for you to begin making the changes you need to. Enjoy every pound you see go away!

Fifty said...

Thanks S.sneezymom. It's day 2 now and I'm having doubts.