Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Political Rant

I am not a political person, I don't care to argue with other people about it, and don't even share my opinions with anyone outside my immediate family. I vote by process of elimination usually, and base it on the candidate's previous record if he or she has one, or if they believe in something I am totally against. And this year, the pickin's are pretty lean, both for local and national elections. So I am not here to try to convince anyone who to vote for, or even who not to vote for.

What I am upset about tonight may not even have anything to do with politics, unless it is the politics of television and ratings. I can understand when four or five channels all break into regular programming for announcements of national or global tragedies. But having the presidential and vice-presidential debates on all the major channels just rubs me the wrong way. If I want to watch a debate, I'll find the channel it's on, but forcing me to watch it by putting it on every channel just smacks of, dare I say it, of heteronomy.

Luckily, tonight Fox thinks the baseball playoffs are more important than the presidential debate.

Until next time, may you have blessings and choices,
Marti

Rants and Raves, Politics

2 comments:

Monica said...

HI! It's Monica from F-files. I have to tell you, I had to look up heteronomy on dictionary.com. :) But, yes, I agree. Good thing we have the expanded cable package!

Marti said...

*insert embarrassed smiley here* I didn't think anyone would see that. It just ticks me off to see this or anything else monopolizing all the channels. We don't have cable but do have a couple of little channels that must not have been important enough to show the debates.