Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Good News and the Bad News

My annual visit to the doctor is over and test results shows that my cholesterol is up and my bone scan shows improvement in my spine. However, their scale showed that my scale is two pounds light, and I weigh more than I did last year. For the first time, the nurse measured my height while I was on the scale. If I had known that was going to happen, I would have left my shoes on, even though they weigh two pounds. Now she has my height at 5'1", and tells me I should weigh 105. If I thought a goal of 115 was impossible, 105 makes me want to just give up. And that was her encouragement speech.

I'm guessing eating cheese and drinking more milk helped the bones and hurt the arteries. Sometimes it feels like a body just can't win for losing, or in my case, can't lose for winning.

Until next time, may you have blessings and good reviews,
Marti

No comments: