September 15, 2009

Candida Diet is Paying Off

I am almost giddy. I've been on the candida diet for two weeks and was beginning to get discouraged because I haven't seen anything dramatic. I have seen some gradual improvement, but couldn't say it was from the diet. But last night when I went to bed, I noticed something amazing: my legs hadn't been itching! For those who don't know about candida, among it's host of problems is an intense itching. Mine was on my lower legs. For the last few years, it has been so bad that I spend a few minutes every night just raking my fingernails up and down my shins to relieve the itch. I've been to multiple doctors who diagnosed it as dry skin, and it was red and dry. But no amount of lotion eased the redness or the itching. The redness was so embarrassing that I haven't worn shorts in years either.

When I got up this morning and could see my legs in the light, there was no redness and still no itching. To say I am overjoyed is an understatement. There is a nagging fear that it is just a fluke from our recent wet weather, but I am going with the hope that it is from the diet.

The other slight improvements I have had are a return of energy and the drugged, foggy head feeling is much better. I am most encouraged!

Until next time, may you have blessings and perseverance,
Marti

p.s. I spoke too soon. Since I didn't have time to cook dinner Tuesday, Hubby brought home pizza - cheese for me. I ate a few pieces before leaving for the meeting and a couple of pieces when I got home. The next day I was sick nearly all day, with the brain fog descending, and my legs were itching again. What's in pizza? Um, sugar, yeast, refined white flour that converts to sugar quickly, cheese (molds). No wonder.

Updated in 2023.  I came across this post again in August 2022, AFTER being diagnosed with Graves disease.  All the symptoms I described in this post are classic Graves disease.  Shin rash, called peertibial myxedema, brain fog, extreme fatigue.  My TSH just had to drop to an unmeasurable level before my doctor took me seriously.

2 comments:

  1. I am on week one of the Candida diet and am 2 days in. So far so good, but it is really hard! I am giving it my best because I know that it will benefit me. I'm glad this blog is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for saying that! I hope the diet works for you too. I've been bad lately and need to get back on it.

    ReplyDelete