October 13, 2009

I Love Fog!



This is the view from my kitchen window that I took a few minutes ago. It's a little blurry because I went outside with a plastic bag over the camera to take it. The neighbors windmill and barn look so far away when it's foggy.

And when the fog started lifting:



Oh, and since it's been raining bucketloads since late last night I thought I'd share a small victory with you.

Remember the dry stream we built? You can see it here. Well... It works! This was about noon today, taken through the window since it was still raining steadily:


Yep, that's the beastmobile in the driveway. I didn't want to wade through the water to move it just to take a picture.

And these were a couple of hours later: (with a plastic bag over the camera because it was still raining lightly)




Until next time, may you have blessings and simple pleasures,
Marti

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marti

    We are up in the country, quite a ways from St Chas. Have you been on historic South Main Street during the holidays? Lots of neat things going on there. Also, the Daniel Boone home at Defiance has a living history museum and tour guides. They have a candlelight tour during Christmas. I've never been but would love to.
    The Garden Club sponsors the tour, up here. You might check the St Charles garden clubs for home tours. I know these clubs sometimes have tours as fund raisers.

    Enjoy your visit, in St Charles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine how pretty Main Street would be at Christmas. We were going to visit the Daniel Boone home earlier this month, but we ran out of time.

    ReplyDelete