October 19, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays

I was having a really bad day yesterday.  It started out with feeling a bit under the weather, probably because of the weather, and got worse from there. Somehow my neighbor talked me into letting her put her garage sale leftovers in the pickup, and I was going to drive it to the thrift store where they would unload it.  But last night it started raining and I still had to deal with this stuff.  I  had to take it to the closest thrift store in the rain, and the lady there was not happy to unload wet stuff with me.   I bet it all went straight to the trash can.

Normally I like gray, rainy days, but not that day. The rain filled Lake Driveway, our own private, automobile bathtub. Also, Hubby has been gone for a week and a week alone is about five days too long for me. I spent most of the time painting and rearranging, and the painting has gotten really old. And last, Lil is coming home today and we have been using her room as the room to dump the junk and I hadn't started cleaning it out. Finally, yesterday afternoon, I started moving the stuff to the living/dining room so I could find her bed. Finally, her room was cleaned out, and the living/dining room looked like this:



Now, how many people will show you pictures of their trashed out rooms? Can't get that on Desire to Inspire, can you? I should call my blog Prepare to Despair. I've said before that we have too much junk and no where to put it all, so cleaning one room just moves the junk to another room. But I stayed up most of the night and found a place for most of it. A lot more went to the trash and the thrift store pile, but there are still things that are homeless.

So things are looking up since yesterday.  But that's the last time I get talked into dealing with someone else's trash.

Until next time, may you have blessings and cheeze with your whine,
Marti

No comments: