Monday, June 7, 2010

Storm Chasing

I guess it's not really storm chasing when the storm is between a person and their destination. I was beginning to dread going through it, when I finally reached my turnoff before coming to it. Then, I was parallel to it for awhile and took these pictures. Every time I stopped, it got ahead of me and rain started pelting the windshield, so I drove until I was ahead of it again and stopped to take more pictures. I thought it was too interesting to pass up.

You can click on the pictures to enlarge if you want.















And then I thought I should get to mom's before I had to unload my car in the rain.

Until next time, may you have blessings and gentle summer showers,
Marti

3 comments:

Missy said...

Lovely storm. I miss rain and really big storms. I used to go out with my dad and actually chase them, but only if tornadoes were predicted. lol

Jerzy said...

Amazing photos - a talented photographer as well as a writer ! We were coming back from a swim meet last weekend - and saw a complete double rainbow - not sure if I've even seen 2 so completely finished. Course, I asked dd if we should try and find the end of it ... and she mentioned that all rainbows end in ..... Canada? learn something new every day !

Marti said...

Thank you Jerzy, you are so sweet. And here I thought all rainbows ended in Oklahoma. lol