February 18, 2011

That Annoying Cell Phone Password

Hubby came home this afternoon and told me he had been ripped off. I thought maybe someone didn't give him the right amount of change at lunch or something. Nope. His cell phone was stolen. Hubby was taking inventory, bending over, squatting on the floor, and his Blackberry was in the way, so he set it down. When he finished inventory, his phone was gone. There had only been one customer in the store during that time, so not hard to figure out who did it, but finding him and proving it would be difficult.

Here's where that annoying password came in handy. Hubby called his phone as soon as he knew it was missing, and it went to voice mail which told him the thief had tried to guess the password and the phone locked down. With this phone, after three failed attempts, the phone dumps its contents.

My phone isn't password protected, and it's so old I'm not even sure it's possible. But after this, I'm going to check into it.

Here's an interesting article about cell phone security from The Better Business Bureau.

Until next time, may you have blessings and security,
Marti

Cell phone tips, My ordinary life