Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Rain!

When I woke this morning, the deck was wet and there was a big puddle on the driveway. At first I thought Hubby had been running water and it actually took me a few seconds to realize it had rained. We got a half of an inch of lovely rain! A cool front came with the rain and our temperature dipped into the 70's. It didn't even hit 80 until after 10:00 this morning. And best of all, there was no wind early this morning. There is a gentle breeze outside now, but nothing like the howling wind we have had the last few weeks. It is wonderful and the cat and I have been sitting on the deck enjoying it.
Photobucket

5 comments:

A Pretty Pastime said...

Lovely! We had some nice rain yesterday and cooler temps. Although our rain was accompanied with gusts of wind. I figure beggars can't be choosers :-)

501 Quilt Blocks said...

Hi Marti, I wanted to respond to your comment on my blog but you're set up as a noreply blogger. Yes, I always wash my quilts when they're completed. I like the way they look and feel.

Cheyenne said...

We had rain over night but once the clouds went away and the sun came out it got humid as heck. And the humidity isn't going away in a hurry either. Drat.

Laraine Eddington said...

I am craving rain like a junkie craves crack. I love just hearing about it. Arizona is as dry as a bleached bone.

Grandma K said...

I am so excited. News from home says we got rain too! The folks here in Tacoma who are running this convention are hoping it won't rain. Can't quite get my mind around that! Unless you look at the train service that was cancelled due to flooding!