Saturday, July 16, 2011

Unrelenting Heat

I think the meteorologist on one of our local channels is enjoying the heat wave we are having. Every day he talks about how close we are to breaking a record for the number of days over 100 degrees in the season. We are under a heat advisory today and so far today I have heard the weather described as furnace, flame thrower, scorcher, extreme heat, and heat blast.

This morning in the garden I noticed the tips of my rubber gloves were getting longer and longer as they filled with sweat. I only wear the gloves to pick peas which the ants seem to love, but it looks like I am going to have to do that earlier in the morning.

Try to stay cool today my friends.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Our meteorologist's are just as nuts. I want to shoot them in the summer when they forecast heat waves and I want to shoot them in the winter when they forecast heavy snow. Can't win.

Kate said...

I'm ready not quite ready to admit I'm ready for fall, but sub 100 degree weather, I'm definitely ready for that!