Thursday, August 25, 2011

It Rained, Kind Of.

Last night strong winds blew through, tossing deck chairs into the yard and ripping a few shingles off the roof, and dropping the temperature from 104 to 90 in minutes. It thundered for awhile, and finally rain began to fall. It was an anemic rain that only lasted a few minutes and didn't manage to get the sidewalk completely wet, but it gives me hope that one day we will get some real rain. The last rain that did the plants any good was at the end of May.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Cheyenne said...

We,ve been having our fair share of rain and then some. I am tired of it already and now we are in the path (outer fringes maybe) of Irene. Wish I could throw some of it your way because I don't want it.

Kate said...

Don't you hate it when Mother Nature teases you that way?

Grandma K said...

We had a bit too, but the increased temperatures caused by Irene's passing will more than dry up the "six incher" (two drops - 6 inches apart for those non-Texans). The forecast looks grim. I didn't know we were going to be the next Death Valley!

Anonymous said...

no blog of my own, but over the last month or so I have worked my way through all of your posts over the last few years with great enjoyment. I'm a cat person and a lapsed (over 10 years now but you should see my stash!) quilter with my own collection of aches and pains so there have been lots of moments of recognition along with the smiles. You can tell a great tale, lady!

Panda in WA (from Frugal Friends)