Granted, it's not much of a design wall and not much on it. I wanted to start a new leaders and enders quilt and thought I found one with this quilt pattern I found in an older book (1979).
I made the plastic templates, cut out a lot of pieces, and then tried it out. That's when I found out it isn't a good pattern for the fairly mindless task of leaders and enders. Piece A and B went together with no problem, but piece C had to be added just right or it didn't line up with the curve. And that curve on piece D was too much work for leaders and enders. Even paying close attention, my pieces A through D didn't fit the curve right.
That's when I decided this would be better suited to English paper piecing. So I copied all the pieces over and over until I had enough to make a sheet of each, and then cut them out, sorted them into bags and then started stitching while we watched a movie Friday evening. It worked, but there was a fold at the corner of point A that would make it hard to applique onto a block, but most of all, I just didn't want another paper piecing project.
So I did some slight redrafting of the pattern making just one template piece for A through D, and longer than actually needed, and one template piece for the combined A through D. When the four pieces were put together, it was a simple matter to cut the right curve. The only line that absolutely has to match up is D.
Then curved pieces D and F can go on later.
I still haven't decided how I am going to applique it to the block. The pattern says to turn the edges but their photo looks like they did a tight zigzag around the edges and I don't care for that look.
I linked to Patchwork Times, Quilting is more than than housework, and A Quilting Chick.