March 28, 2015

Chasing Butterflies

While working in the yard this morning, I saw the first butterfly of the season. Since my shoes were muddy, I asked Hubby to get my camera from the house, and he did, but the card was still plugged into my computer. So I grabbed my phone and started following the butterfly around the yard. I'm sure the neighbors shook their heads and said "what is that crazy woman doing now?" because every time I pressed the button, it flitted to another flower. It never did land, so out of twenty blurry pictures, this is the only one that shows a butterfly, and it isn't a good picture.



While out, I took pictures of flowers in bloom, but most of them were too blurry to post also. A few were halfway decent.


First iris blooms. The pink creeping phlox and daffodils are at their peak right now.


A few new blooms on the Golden Delicious; I think we are going to have a good crop this year.


First bluebonnets too.

After lunch I worked the quilt guild booth at the home and garden show.  We sold raffle tickets like hotcakes.  Then a quick trip to a big box store and I worked on the top for my cutting table.  I thought building it out of plywood would make it easier, but it is proving more problematic than the top for the sewing table.  Should have it finished tomorrow and then have to make a spray booth in the garage for the base.  I don't understand how so many people manage to spray paint outside without any problems and I have nothing but problems outside.  Maybe they don't have the bug population we do.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful garden you have! I have chased butterflies and once a hummingbird with a camera when I was in Texas, the hummingbird was impossible to focus on the butterfly was a lot easier lol.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring blooms won't be arriving for at least another month, so I'll enjoy yours from afar.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.