Saturday, August 15, 2015

First Modifications to the Trailer

The very first thing we (that's the royal "we" - Hubby might argue that he did all the work on the bunk) did was take down the folding bunk over the head of the bed.

Next, we removed the little side cabinets next to the bed. I couldn't find a drawer that would fit inside them, and they were much too deep to be of use. Anything put in there rolled to the back out of arm's reach.
Then we removed the carpet over the sides of the bed platform. This is actually the top of the storage compartment which is accessed from the outside. The carpet served no useful purpose and was dirty at the bottom from, probably from years of pushing a dirty mop against it.


2 comments:

Sandee said...

Boats and trailers have the same issues. We have a boat and there isn't a bit of carpet in her. No drapes either. Blinds, but no drapes. The easiest way to keep her clean.

Have a fabulous day. ☺

Kate said...

Sounds like you've made a good start on making the trailer more livable.