July 24, 2016

Sad Story About a New House

My son-in-law's parents recently sold their home and bought a smaller home that was under construction. It was still early enough in the construction that they, or rather SIL's mother, could pick out the flooring, counters, and all the accessories. She chose wood flooring in all the public areas and carpet in the bedrooms.

She opted for a high end Roomba vacuum rather than a whole house vacuum system so it would do the cleaning while she was at work. If you've ever seen a Roomba in action, you know they cover every square inch of every room, even under the bed where most vacuums don't reach. Plus they have a dirt sensor so can go over dirty areas more than once.

They had to move into a rental for a few months and sold most of their furniture rather than store it, and most of it wouldn't work in the new house anyway. So when they moved into the new house, they had new everything, and she was thrilled to pieces every time she came home from work to a clean house with that new house smell.

That is, until one day when she came home from work to find that the Roomba had run over a fresh pile of dog poo and tracked it into every room of the house. Every square inch.

True story.

Linking to Silly Sunday at Comedy Plus.

10 comments:

  1. Ewwwwwwwwww. What a story. Not a happy ending at all.

    Have a poo free day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awful. I really feel so badly for her. I hope everything got cleaned up and she is back to how it was, if that is even possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roombas and I just don't click. They always manage to find a place to get lodged. But poor woman. What a mess to clean up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very, very sad! Very yucky too I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I have always wanted one of those vacuum cleaners – luckily I don’t have a dog :-)
    You have to tell us how they managed to clean it up. Did they get rid of the Roomba? Or the dog??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since some of you have the no reply setting, and asked what happened after that, I thought I'd post it here.

    She said their wood floors cleaned up beautifully and with insurance, she upgraded to the carpet she originally wanted but couldn't afford. So in the end, it worked out ok. She did buy a new Roomba though. Her husband teases her that he needs to make a pooper scooper attachment for it though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOHHHHH ICKY!!! Wasn't expecting that!! Oh Man, time to call in the professionals!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh I am laughing but feel so bad for her ewwwww.

    Blessings Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.