July 26, 2009

Mind-Numbingly Tired

Thursday afternoon, Hubby and I picked up Brother Bear and drove the seven hours to the in-laws house. By the time they signed their closing papers at noon Friday, we had the U-Haul packed, the pickup packed, their minivan packed, and our SUV packed. The house was vacuumed and we were ready to hit the road by 1:30pm. We finally pulled into their apartment parking lot about 9:30pm, unloaded their beds and luggage, and bid them good night so we could go sleep in our own bed.

We got up Saturday morning at 7:00, went back to their apartment, and unpacked until 2:30. We came home so the in-laws could rest and once home, we decided to take a nap too. I didn't think I would be able to get to sleep in the middle of the day but I think I was asleep the minute I pulled up the footrest on the recliner, unopened book still in my hand. Hubby and I woke up about 6:30, picked the garden and then headed back over to the apartment for a few more hours. By then we were all dead tired.

This morning I woke up at 7:00, stumbled into the den, turned on the tv, and fell asleep on the sofa, finally waking again about 9:30, still so tired I could have gone back to bed. But I forced myself to start moving, went to the grocery store and we headed back to their apartment to pick them up for lunch. Another nap after lunch, another quick trip to the store, and we headed back over there to play a game with them to cheer them up. Mama Bear misses her house and her friends.

Until next time, may you have blessings and refreshing sleep,
Marti

No comments: