December 01, 2009

D-Day Has Arrived

That's diet day, by the way.

This morning I weighed, measured, and started the plan, or the cure as they call it. I don't know why, but my height was a full inch taller than I have ever measured. I even measured on two different walls to make sure. I have no idea why, but I'll take it. The last time I was measured at the doctor's office, they said I was 5' 1". I have always been 5' 2-1/2" so I thought I was already seeing the shrinking effects of old age. But when I measured at home later, I was once again 5' 2". I'll get Hubby to remeasure me again tonight, but 5' 3" sounds really good to me.

My goal is to lose thirty pounds though I will be pretty happy just to lose twenty. The doctor wants me to lose at least forty and I think he will be disappointed. I'll try to post about the diet as it goes along, good or bad.

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving holiday. We went to Tulsa where our eldest daughter lives and our youngest daughter met us there. We talked, ate, and shopped - at least the females in the family did. Hubby shopped a little, and napped in the car a lot.

Oh, and bad news on the sewing machine. We took the beastmobile to Tulsa because we had to take some furniture to Brownie, and the transmission is definitely on it's last legs. So instead of a sewing machine, we need to start a transmission fund. Oh well. The new ones are probably too complicated for me anyway.

Until next time, may you have blessings and added height,
Marti

3 comments:

  1. You go--I need to lose 30 also--don't quite know how as I have always been tall and thin--don't know how to diet. I don't want to be any taller (5'11"), just thinner, but a good thing I am that tall or I'd look really, really fat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's the hardest part. I was thin when I was young and well into my 30's. Then something changed and I started gaining and didn't have the tools or experience to keep it off. It's been a series of failed diets ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the beastmobile. It seems life and its issues have a way of getting in the way. Good luck with your diet.

    ReplyDelete