February 10, 2010

More Makeup Work: Week 3 of 52 Weeks to Better Genealogy

This is my blog entry for Week 3 of the challenge created by Amy Coffin of We Tree and hosted by GeneaBloggers.com.

This assignment:
Assess yourself! You’re great at researching everyone else’s history, but how much of your own have you recorded? Do an assessment of your personal records and timeline events to ensure your own life is as well-documented as that of your ancestors. If you have a genealogy blog, write about the status of your own research and steps you may take to fill gaps and document your own life.

Oooh, that one got me where it hurts. I have never really thought of documenting myself, my husband, or even my children. I have birth certificates, social security cards, and our marriage certificate in various files. As of today, I now have the birth and marriage certificates scanned and in my genealogy program, and all documents are in my family file, along with school records and photographs.

Thanks Amy!

Until next time, may you have blessings and good records,
Marti