September 07, 2010

The Brain Fog Has Descended

This is an update for anyone who cares; if not, this is a record for myself.

I got the results of my MRI last Tuesday. I have a torn ligament in my right elbow. The doctor basically said my two options are surgery or cortisone shots. Even though I had a bad reaction to the cortisone shot last year, he thought that was a fluke and wouldn't happen again. He also said part of the problem was that they didn't know what they were dealing with last year since they didn't do an MRI or x-ray, and they gave me the shot in my muscle instead of the joint. So I gave in, and agreed to get the shot. I really don't want surgery.

The shot wasn't nearly as bad as last year, and then the elbow pain began getting better so I was very hopeful. Then I began getting tired. Really tired. Hubby left Friday to go hunting for the weekend, and I don't sleep well while he is gone, so I thought my weekend without good sleep was the problem. Then, yesterday I noticed that my legs had a tingly feeling like they had been asleep. I thought it was because I was kneeling down doing some painting and had put pressure on a nerve. I got a good night's sleep last night and still woke up dead tired this morning. As the morning went on, I noticed that both legs and arms had that tired, trembly feeling, like aching to lie down and rest.

If I don't post much in the coming weeks or months, this is why.

Until next time, may you have blessings and energy,
Marti