May 26, 2011

Stay, Cat, Stay!

After being gone for a week, I was told the cat might not be glad to see us when we got home. But he was. In fact, he stuck to me like glue the day after we got home. He knows he isn't supposed to be in the garden, but if the gate isn't latched, sometimes he will take a few steps in before I notice and order him out. Sometimes he will obey, and sometimes not so I don't know if he understands the word or just felt like leaving. But I know he hasn't a clue what "stay" means.

I was working in the garden one morning and the cat plopped down into a patch of Indian blanket (Gaillardia pulchella). I ran into the house to grab my camera and of course he jumped up when I walked over to the flowers. I placed him back where he was, and well, I'll just show you.

And again.

Finally.


So much easier to get a photo of him through the window.



Photobucket