February 02, 2013

Just in Time for Company

Do you ever feel like your home is just a way station rather than a destination? Brownie is here, or was here. She and a friend came down last night, arriving about 1:30 a.m. They slept a few hours before leaving to go shopping, visiting, and to the concert they actually came here to see. They'll leave from there so we won't see them again this trip. My guest room got to know Brownie better than I did this trip.

But the good news is that I finished building the bedside tables just in time for their visit. I've been wanting to try out chalk paint on something I didn't care a lot about, and these fit the bill. I might do that this evening.

No great shakes, but here they are, built almost entirely out of scraps. I did have to buy one 2x4. So total cost for these two tables was under $6.00. And I got to practice with the router table and Kreg Jig. I don't know why I never used the Kreg Jig before, it's a pretty neat little tool.

I found a plan by Ana White, but altered it so much she might not want me to mention that. *grin*


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. You made those? that's pretty amazing, if you ask me. Sorry you didn't get to see Brownie .. hopefully next time will be more of a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tables are lovely. I think you are extremely talented! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely cool that you made those yourself. Looking forward to seeing the effect of the chalk paint. I've never heard of that before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, you have impressed me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are absolutely wonderful, Marti!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.