March 01, 2013

Firmoo Glasses Review

A few weeks ago, I got an email from Antonio at Firmoo, offering me free single vision glasses if I did a review on my blog, good or bad.   If you haven't heard of them yet, Firmoo is an online company that sells frames and lenses for teens and adults, single vision, bifocal, computer distance, sunglasses, and more, and all at prices the tightwad in me loves.  With Firmoo, new customers get the first pair of glasses free, so you can get a free pair also and you only have to pay shipping. See the link at the end of this post.

From Firmoo:

The old opinion that glasses are only necessities for people with vision problems has already gone. Glasses are increasingly becoming a fad and must-have accessories for celebs and fashionistas. Everyday we can spot millions of non prescription glasses wearers and we are constantly fascinated by many noted film stars’ signature non prescription glasses.They instantly upgrade your look of modern,sexy, vintage or geek by wearing different styles of frames.

Any hot glasses/sunglasses /goggles frames you want can be found on Firmoo, and all are available for both prescription lenses and non-prescription lenses. Are you desperate to have a new look? Now here is the chance, Firmoo has launched a First Pair Free Program to people worldwide. You will absolutely fall in love with the excellent quality, affordable prices, fashionable designs, fast delivery and the good service after trying them with paying shipping only! You even can get a refund/exchange if you are not satisfied with them. It's totally Risk free, so why not have a try?

To be honest, when I got the email, I sent it to my spam folder.  People with big name blogs get offers to review products, not me. But then I started thinking about it, and decided to see if any other bloggers had gotten the same offer, and if so, what they had to say about it. Well, I was surprised (and pleased) to see that the offer was legitimate. 

There were a few details to work out, like getting a new glasses prescription, what kind of glasses I could use since I wear bifocals, and how I would photograph their glasses since I don't post photographs of myself online.  But after all that was worked out, I filled out the easy form on their website.  To see what glasses are going to look like on me, I could either upload a photo of myself or choose one of their face shapes.  I used one of theirs and I must say, the glasses are a perfect fit and look good on me too.



The glasses came today and they are pretty nice. It was eight business days from the time I placed the order until I received the glasses, which is remarkable considering the distance. My local optometrist glasses took five business days.  (I bought bifocals locally.)  The pair I got doesn't seem to be available anymore, but there are some on the website now that I like even better. The glasses came in a hard shell case, with cleaning cloth, replacement screws, and an extra pair of nose pads. I didn't get that much with the glasses from my local optometrist.   I was also surprised that they fit perfectly, which is also more than I can say about the pair from my local optometrist.  Their website does have a virtual try out. I didn't upload my photo, but picked a face that was shaped like mine so I thought they would look good on me, and they do.

I decided to get a pair of glasses with distance correction to use while watching tv.  If you wear bifocals, you know how hard it is to watch tv while reclining.  You have to push the glasses down on your nose so you can see through the top section.  And even though I got them just to watch tv, I couldn't resist putting them on in the car after I pulled them out of the mail box. I could see perfectly, without that annoying glare I get from the line on my bifocals. Again I was surprised because I could also easily read the speedometer and radio screen and I hadn't expected that. The speedometer is a little blurry with my single vision contacts. I think these will be my driving glasses as well as tv glasses. Oh and about the tv watching with them? Pure heaven.

In case you are thinking I am giving a good review for these glasses because they gave them to me, you're wrong. Antonio at Firmoo said to give an honest review, good or bad, and it just so happens that they are very good.    Believe me, if they had been crap, I would have told you they are crap.  I even spent a few minutes exchanging my new Firmoo glasses and my new optometrist glasses. The distance lenses are identical.  The frames seem sturdy, but a little more lightweight than the semi-rimless from my local optometrist.  Time will tell how well they hold up, and I'll report back to this post if anything changes.

I've gotten glasses and lenses from optometrist offices and Wally mart, and now online. And of the three, these were the best value. You can get a free pair too as Firmoo offers the first pair free to new customers. All you pay is shipping. You probably have more questions, and you can find out more at the FAQ page of their website. And I'll answer any questions you might have too.

It's been two weeks since I wrote the above post, and while I'm still pleased with the glasses I got from Firmoo, I don't think I would ever buy bifocals online.  I bought two pairs of bifocals from my local optometrist, and have had quite a time getting both of them adjusted.  On the straight line pair, the near vision bifocal part wasn't right and had to be redone.  On the progressive pair, the near vision was placed too far down on the lenses and they had to be redone.  I'm supposed to pick them up today.  All in all, bifocals can be a hassle, and I'd just as soon keep that hassle at a local office.

Photobucket

Disclaimer: This review was done in exchange for a product. The opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info. I don't wear glasses but My Guy does.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.