February 16, 2018

Ready for the Weekend?

I think I am, but I'm always ambitious in the middle of the night. Morning is a different story. Technically, it is already Friday, but mentally, it is still Thursday night to me. Today was warm and muggy with a howling wind - something the local weatherman would probably call breezy even though I had to go tie down the cover on the electric meter to keep the wind from pulling it off and banging it against the barn. That was loud!

Tomorrow, I am going to do a little grocery shopping and stop by an estate sale that looks like it has some good sewing stuff, but is likely to be overpriced. At least the few prices listed for name brand items was like new. So I'll probably come home empty handed except for groceries. And there will be groceries. I don't think I've been to the grocery store in over a week. Avoiding sick people as much as possible. The problem is, people can be contagious before they feel too bad. I could be sick right now and not even know it. Well, maybe I couldn't. How could I get sick when I haven't left the house in a week? Oh wait. I went to book club Tuesday night. But I'm going stir crazy. I need to see people and hear the sounds of a city.

Speaking of book club, we read Angels Walking by Karen Kingsbury. It was okay, definitely had an inspirational message, but I doubt I'll read any more of her books. Right now I'm reading To Be Where You Are by Jan Karon. I loved the first books in this series, but the last two have left me a bit cold. It's like she has come up with the plot for the book and then handed off the writing to someone else. I still love the Father Tim and Cynthia characters in this book, but I just can't hack up any sympathy for Dooley and Lace.

Back to the weekend. The weather is supposed to be fairly lousy. 80% chance of rain on Saturday. That lets out putting up an antenna tower, so I'm hoping we can get a little work done in the house. We need to wire the laundry room for 220 so we can get the dryer in there. Hubby wired the 110 a couple of weeks ago and the washer is in place. But the dryer is still in the garage. And while he's wiring, it would be nice to get a few more temporary lights in place. Buddy T. Cat has a new hobby - crouching in the dark until someone is ready to walk by, and then springing out in front of them. It's rather unnerving, especially when carrying a basket of wet clothes in the semi-darkness.

I should finish putting the binding on the Glory Box Wallhanging tomorrow, and tomorrow night I plan on doing some handwork while Hubby finishes the taxes. Oh yes, Hubby. I'll do the simple 1040 stuff but he gets to do the farm schedule. That was all his idea. I'll be handy to consult or commiserate, but he has to figure out what goes where on the forms. Then, he gets a reward. Meantime, I'm working on some Ferris Wheel blocks that are English paper piecing. Stop in Saturday and see how it goes.

I also want to make a St. Patrick's Day mug rug if I can find my green fabric. I found a big box of fabric today, with several boxes of fat quarters and a couple of boxes of scraps. But no greens. In my mind, my mug rug will have some solid green space for some ruler foot practice, and I know I don't have any solid green fabric. And in the town I am going to tomorrow today, there is no fabric store of any kind, not even Walmart. So that might have to wait until next week.

Linking to:
Friday Night Sew-In at Sugarlane Designs

3 comments:

  1. I hate going to the grocery store this time of year too. Too many sick people and many are young and don't care about us old folks. They gets sick and usually it's no big deal. Us old folks it is a big deal. You're right about being sick and not knowing it yet though. Very contagious at that point.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Marti. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dryer! Yes -that is critical! ALmost like a microwave!!! I would be nuts - really!!!

    I have been trying to avoid crowds too. Having two doctor's appointments last week worried me! Fortunately, there was no one in the cardio office, but the retinal doc was VERY crowded. We have even not gone to church for two weeks. I hate to shun passing the peace, but...

    Not looking forward to the weather here next week as we make the trek to Mason!

    Stay well my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. This time of year it seems if we get the warm we also get the windy. We are getting the cold today, but are missing out on the rain, which we could really use. Hope you get in some good stitching time along with the work on the house.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.