June 14, 2018

Six Sentence Story Thursday

Thank you Girlie on the Edge for the warm welcome. I have always enjoyed this kind of writing; it reminds me of Weekly Readers in grade school that had a sentence starter like "It was a dark and stormy night..." If there is a way to comment on your blog, I haven't been able to find it, so let me just comment here that your Six last week was so touching.

Last week and this week, when I saw the cue word, a story instantly played out in my mind. A couple of hours ago, I asked Hubby read the one I wrote for this week and he finally said, "Gee, that's kind of dark isn't it, especially for you?" And yes, it was. In light of that, and not wanting to offend anyone, I have been trying to come up with something else. Nothing really clicked with me, but running short of time, this is what I finally settled on.

Cue word is INVESTIGATE
Jealous Bellus


Cassie was thrilled when her husband gave her a little ball of fluff named Corkie the Yorkie; her cat, Bellas, was not thrilled and watched from atop the refrigerator as Corkie was petted and pampered.

A stuffed, brown monkey with floppy arms and legs soon became Corkie's favorite toy; a spotted giraffe with squeakers was a close second, but one day neither could be found.

That afternoon, she heard Corkie barking hysterically in the kitchen; Cassie called but Corkie didn't come and when she went into the kitchen to investigate, she saw Corkie barking at Bellas who was sleeping on top of the refrigerator.

The offending puppy was thoroughly scolded and put into her crate and the mistreated cat was petted and given some treats to make up for being disturbed.

The next day, Cassie heard Corkie barking again in the kitchen and she ran angrily toward the sound; when she rushed around the corner, Corkie was standing on her hind legs with her front legs pawing the refrigerator while the stuffed monkey dangled over the top edge in Bellas' mouth.

Bellas froze when she saw Cassie, and then dropped the monkey to the excited dog on the floor; Cassie cleared her throat menacingly and Bellas dropped her head and nudged the giraffe over the edge too and walked meekly to her crate.

Linking to:
Six Sentence Story at Girlie on the Edge

16 comments:

  1. Heeheehee! Our pets are just like children -- what a fun story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that cat was tormenting that pup. I saw it coming. A delightful read.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it was predictable. Next time I will have more time.

      Delete
  3. lol
    excellent Six!

    (I agree with Mimi)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always have cat material a couple of feet away.

      Delete
  4. We are pet free at the moment but we used to have a cat that swatted at the dog and ran away. Good post, I wanna read the dark one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our cat doesn't like dogs who visit; I can imagine him doing that too.

      I figured someone would ask to see the dark one. I could post it on my wordpress blog. very few people look at that one.

      Delete
  5. I see just a wee bit of jealously in your SSS. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Six so made me smile, Marti :) I'm primarily a dog person, but I have had 2 cats in my life and I can attest to the fact they indeed can be quite devious lol
    Thank you so much for your comment about my Six last week :) I'm glad you came back this week!
    As to posting "dark" pieces, I'm with Paul. I'd like to read your dark one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha. You have nailed the cat's life. And Yorkie's are tenacious little pups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cat has done some sneaky things with visiting dogs; he isn't allowed on the refrigerator (when we are looking) but I can imagine that he would do this.

      Delete
  8. What an ornery cat! I think she would have gotten away with the teasing longer at my house, because I would not have attributed such premeditated naughtiness to the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never would have suspected it of my cat either, but he has become completely jealous of his house and his people.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.