January 10, 2021

Snow!

Our part of the state gets snow about one day in every ten years and I guess today is that day. It's beautiful snow, with big wet flakes falling softly. It's the kind of snow that makes us hum "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas." It reminds me of the snow days we had in the Texas panhandle when I was growing up.

Sometimes I get homesick, not just for my mother and friends still there, but for snow and the memories of the cold crisp days of fresh snow, even the days after when it is the dirty mounds down the center of the road - a cold barrier separating cars. I don't miss the days I went to my car in the morning and couldn't get my key in the frozen door lock.

3 comments:

  1. Snow is lovely when you don't have to take the car to go to work indeed. Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow is even better if you don't have to go out in it. Hopefully the snow will stick around long enough for you to get some sunshine lit snow patches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marti: I love snow but only for Christmas, we have not had much snow here in Minnesota, what we do have is melting.
    Have a lovely day.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete