March 20, 2009

First Day of Spring!



I noticed the first Yellow Swallowtail butterfly of the season fluttering about the flowers so ran inside to get my camera. She never really settled, but I managed to snap a shot before she disappeared. Then I roamed around taking pictures of everything that is in bloom. My yard smells heavenly!

Pink Creeping Phlox and Daffodils:





White Iris:



Rosemary:



Pink Evening Primrose (Oenothera speciosa), a Texas native:



Autumn Sage (Salvia Greggii), a Texas native:



Grape Hyacinth:



Yellow Columbine (Aquilegia chrysantha), a Texas native:



Texas Mountain Laurel (Sophora secundiflora), a Texas native:



Wisteria:



Carolina Jessamine (gelsemium sempervirens), a Texas native:



Purple oxalis:



Until next time, may you have blessings and a fragrant spring,
Marti

No comments: