Wednesday, September 16, 2015
Monday, September 14, 2015
This is what I saw when I walked out the door this weekend.
Thus far, in order to make the camper usable, we have made these repairs:
- Replaced skanky mattress
- Replaced a wheel and tire - because the previous owners didn't tighten down the lug nuts and the wheel rolled off while they were driving.
- Replaced the tv and radio antennas - because the previous owner knocked them off
- Patched and caulked the wall seam above the tires - because the previous owner had a blowout and damaged the fiberglass, which made the seam leak - something the previous owners had to have known
- Replaced the fender over this same seam - broken in the blowout
- Installed an equilizer/stabilizer hitch
- Replaced broken hatch door clips
- Replaced broken water intake ports
- Replaced non-functioning pump check-valve which made water leak under sink - also something the previous owners had to have known
- Replaced the string in the accordion shades over one window.
We're planning a trip in October and are feeling a bit rushed to get this done now.
On the bright side.... nope, can't think of a bright side right now. But from here on out, I hope everything we do to the trailer is just optional stuff we want to do to make it better for us.
Friday, September 11, 2015
Hubby is an avid hunter. He seems to think it is a vacation to spend a week building stands, filling feeders, walking miles through tick-infested brush, and carrying heavy loads up and down hills. Obviously, we have not been on enough vacations.