September 23, 2009

Things to Do While Paint Dries

Third day and third and last paint color. I must gravitate toward yellows as this tan seems to be exactly the same buttery color I have in the living room. It's not what I wanted but I can live with it. For now. Since it was rainy today, the paint wasn't drying very fast, so I made a trip to town. Even though I only went for grocery items, I came home with some bargains.

These are from the thrift store. I'm not sure what they were before getting to the store because they are all exactly the same shape, color, and have a hole in the stem. As I was reaching toward them, I saw another woman out of the corner of my eye. She had been coming toward me, but when I started picking these up, she moved away. She had been systematically scarfing up all the new pretties in the store, so I was happy to have these. I wish they weren't all the same color. Might have to see what I can do about that. They weren't super cheap, but at a $1.00 each, I didn't feel they were overpriced.



I thought these wicker magazine storage bins would fit in my laundry cabinet, but they are too tall. Not sure how I'll use them, but I still like them. These were $1.50 each and I thought that was a real bargain.



These might be my biggest bargain. They were in the clearance aisle at Wally World, marked down to $1.00 apiece, but they rang up at $0.25 each! They are for indicating who sits at the table at a wedding, but I see them on my fridge.



Until next time, may you have blessings and happy treasure hunting,
Marti

No comments: