April 08, 2019

Mosaic Monday

This has been a great year for Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush, and our front field is a sea of color. As storm clouds moved in Friday evening, I grabbed my camera to get my first pictures of 2019 blooms. Considering this is supposed to be a hay field, these flowers are what most farmers would call weeds, but I can't bear to mow them down. I just wonder how much better they are going to look in a few days after two days of rain.

From the house to the creek and beyond.











I think this is my favorite photo though. I love the water tank in the background. Just wish I had mowed around it last fall.



For the first time, I am participating in Mosaic Monday at Letting Go of the Bay Leaf where photos can be of just about anything.



12 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the blue bonnets. I've always wanted to be in Texas, UK, or where ever they grow in the spring. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful field of spring happiness.

    Have a fabulous day and week, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marti, Well all those flowers have to raise one's spirit. They are beautiful. Thanks for sharing and have a great week. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've never seen those flowers ! They are beautiful ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! I lived in Texas for many years and miss those blooms! The fields are always covered in the Spring! You got some wonderful photos for MM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marti - well, if you're going to join in Mosaic Monday, you might as well do it with a BANG! Mission accomplished. I am so grateful that you have preserved this field for wildflowers (not weeds!) A view like this stirs up deep emotions for me - an almost patriotic fervor. Welcome to our little community - so glad you linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful combination of colours. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luv your Spring blooms. Nice mosaic
    Have a good week

    Much🌻💛love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marti: This is such a lovely post.
    I would not mow them down the flowers are beautiful.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos. That's one thing I really miss about Texas is the bluebonnets and Indian Paint Brush in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! We don't have those here and I never understood why people loved them. Now I understand the excitement.
    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your photos of your bluebonnets! We had them in Texas and I'd love when they bloomed each year. I don't think I'd have the heart to mow them either!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.