June 09, 2023

The Murderer Wore Obsession Cologne

(Prompt word this week is BOX.)

The Uber driver pulled up to the curb and jumped out to open the door for FBI translator, Lisa Dumont.

Her white cane sweeping the sidewalk in front of her, Lisa walked to her door and let herself in, glad to be done with a long, trying day.

She had been translating for a French national, suspected of the murders of twenty young women, before being extradited that evening.

His nauseating cologne had become stronger and stronger as they sweated him in the interrogation room and the cloying odor seemed to follow her home.

Lisa kicked off her shoes and placed them neatly beside the door before padding across the oak floor toward the kitchen, stopped by an unfamiliar box blocking the door.

She reached into the box and felt a roll of duct tape on top of loose plastic, and then a hand on her shoulder as he said: "Enfin seul, Lisa, Alone at last."


Linking to: Six Sentence Story at GirlieOnTheEdge>

10 comments:

  1. Ooooo this is creepy! Are you writing a book? My husband and I both used to wear Obsession, can you imagine how our house smelled? I couldn't handle it now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever smelled Obsession, or didn't know what it was.

      Delete
  2. A very creepy tale. How fun you got to that from the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to think outside MY box, which is usually children's or historical fiction.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like the suspect wasn't the murdering (or maybe there were two of them).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. You reminded me that I left off part of the sentence.

      Delete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.