February 11, 2010

Did You Guess?

Remember my post on Almost Wordless Wednesday?

Were you puzzled?

Did you guess why I posted those three pictures?

Did you know it took me almost a full minute to realize my new phone wasn't ringing the number I dialed because it was my calculator!

Think I should start looking for an assisted living center yet?

My old phone is big, heavy, and has one function: making and receiving phone calls - oh and it had voice mail.

My new phone is flat, lightweight and can do all sorts of things: phone calls, voice mail, texting, surf the internet, and it can make phone calls. So far I can make and receive calls, check voice mail, and read a text if it has just been made. (I can't seem to retrieve them once the light stops blinking.) Trying to figure out how to get on the internet or retrieve old messages reminds me of my mother-in-law when she got her first VCR. We had to reset the clock every time we visited them because every time the power went out it reverted back to the blinking 12:00 and she never could remember how to set the clock.

I laughed then. I'm not laughing as much now.

Until next time, may you have blessings and a knowledge of all things geeky,
Marti

No comments: