January 22, 2020

2020 Declutter Challenge Week 4

While spiffing up the living room last week, I found a pile of gloves and scarves and the lamps that used to be on my foyer table in our last house. We don't have a foyer here or even a coat closet, and even though I kept the table, it won't fit beside the door. This week, I want to work on that area; I want to find a way to organize gloves, keys, coats, wet shoes, and mail that needs to go to the post office.

If you don't have a foyer, or even if you do, what are your tips and tricks for keeping it in order? If yours has become a dump zone too, join me in decluttering this first impression area of the house.


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marti: You are on a mission, keep us posted.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have our granddaughters during the week...the "stuff" they bring has been all over the house. Last summer my husband make a small 4 hook coat rack that he hung next to the front door for their coats backpacks ect...I added a plastic tub for holding shoes. Still a learning process for them to use, however when they get ready to leave, and can't find their stuff all I have to do is say where would gram put it....!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marti - we are fortunate to have a mud room, and that is how we enter the house. It has a large closet with folding doors, hiding away the hanging rack and the shoe rack. We also have what we call the "cube", with six drawers that hold gloves, hats, etc. Everything that comes in has to go in its spot!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.