January 16, 2020

Resin Frogs to Bronze Frogs Makeover

I am such a bad blogger. Not only have I let this blog languish while concentrating on my quilting blog, I haven't been taking before and after photos of projects. Here is a project I just finished. I bought this little resin frog figure many years ago and put it on rock in my pond. Originally, it had been painted typical frog colors, dark green with light tummies for the frogs on a bright green lily pad. Over the years, it had faded to a whitish gray. I was going to put it in my stock tank pond, but it didn't show up against the galvanized tank, so I thought I'd give it a makeover - this time making it a bronze finish.

I sprayed it with primer, then Rustoleum copper, then aquamarine metallic - wiping off the excess. To tone down the brightness of the copper and aqua, I dabbed on some Precious Metals antiquing and buffed it. Now I like it so well, I think I'll keep it in the house.




Linking to:
Creative Compulsions at My Bijou Life

9 comments:

  1. You did a great job. Love it.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are adorable, the colors are perfect together.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! So beautiful and I do love frogs, I have a small pair in my sewing room!!! Well done Marty :^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty. I have a "statue" that is plaster of a couple of horses that my dad painted for me back 50 years ago. When we moved into the other house (44 years ago) husband wasn't careful about moving it and it fell over in the truck and was damaged. I want to use your method to repair it. This looks so great. You did such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your repainted frogs came out so well! At first I thought I was looking at metal. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Compulsions!

    Michelle
    http://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, your frog project turned out really cute! Thanks for visiting my blog. Enjoy your day and the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.